Hebrews 13:7 – Remember them which have rule over you, who have spoken unto you the Word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.
Jeremiah 3:15 – And I will give you Pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.
The Lord has raised you up to feed this flock with knowledge and understanding. He has seen your heart and recognized Himself in you. God has appointed you as pastors, because you are shepherds after His own heart.
- I love my pastors because they study and preach the Word faithfully.They are consistent every week.
- I love my pastors because they are people of prayer.They know they cannot lead and shepherd our church in their own They choose to be totally dependent on God.
- I love my pastors because they are always on call.Workweeks are long. Vacations and days off will often be interrupted by crises and deaths, but they don’t complain. They views it as a part of the call.
- I love my pastors because they are there to celebrate my victories and to comfort me in my difficulties.Their own life is a roller coaster of emotional events, but they remain constant and strong for our church.
- I love my pastors because they leads our church with a vision.And they constantly seeks to make certain it is God’s vision and not their own.
- I love my pastors because they endure criticism.And though the critics hurt, they persevere and love anyway.
- I love my pastors because they are authentic.They don’t act superior or condescending. The pastor I see in the pulpit is consistent with the pastor I see in other settings.
- I love my pastors because they bear the burdens of leading many people without complaint or self-pity.They hear of so many challenges and problems in others’ lives, but that does not deter them from listening and praying for us.
- I love my pastors because they are sacrificial.They seek to put us church members before themselves. Selfless and grateful..
- I love my pastors because they love to share the gospel and the power of the resurrection.Truly passionate about seeing those without Christ become followers of the Savior.
- I love my pastors because they disciple and mentor many.They understand that their role is not to do all the work of ministry, but to equip others to do the work of ministry.
- I love my pastors because they love our congregation with a Christ-like love.Though they can get frustrated and discouraged, their love for us does not wane. Indeed we get a glimpse of the love of Jesus Christ through the love of our Pastors.
Word of God in you is my portion and my inheritance. I don’t take it lightly when you speak…or when the enemy works to prevent you from speaking. Much, much more valuable and precious than an earthly inheritance is the Word of God He entrusts to you for me!
Isaiah 40:8 – The grass withers the, the flower fadeth: but the Word of our God shall stand for ever.
Matthew 24:35 – Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my Words shall not pass away.
1 Peter 1:25 – But the word of the Lord endures forever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.
This year…tough for you, tough for your family, tough for the church family. Trials expose…
Job 23:8-10 – Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive him: on the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him: he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him: but he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.
Pastors, you will come forth as gold. To everyone who is struggling for what seems unending season you may not perceive His presence, but He is here, and you will come forth as GOLD.
Church, it is their assignment to shepherd and lead but it is our assignment to step in and help in whatever way is needed and it is our assignment to be like Aaron and Hur to hold up their hands when their hands start to fall from the weight….but not only that READ
Exodus 17:12 But Moses hands were heavy; and they took a stone, and put it under him, and he sat thereon; and Aaron and Hur stayed up his hands, the one on the one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun.
They took a stone and put it under him so he could sit and they held his arms up and steady!!!!
How do we do that? Through prayer, warfare prayer when needed…fasting (Matthew 17:21- howbeit this kind of go with not out but by prayer and fasting), through encouragement to them and to their families, and also (maybe most important) through growing in the Word. In knowledge and understanding. By learning to get a Word from the Lord and stand on a Word from the Lord on our own so that you can stand firm while helping hold their weight. They can only stand for us because of the Word of the Lord in them. We can only stand firm for them and their ministry because of the Word of the Lord in us.
Pastors, we love you. We honor you. We thank God for you. And we bless you today…in the Name of Jesus!