Honestly, it has been one of those days when all I could do was encourage myself in the Lord. It is not that anything was terribly wrong today but some days are just more difficult to walk through. I kind of think of it as the difference in walking on wet, compacted sand versus dry sand dunes. They aren’t all that different and yet that little bit of water makes all the difference.
This evening I was discussing encouraging ourselves with someone and so I wrote down some of how the Holy Spirit has taught me to encourage myself. Others may get encouragement others ways as we are all unique. Sometimes I do get strength by a good praise song but for me it is mostly prayer and the Word. I have here a list but I am not following a list really as I seek the Lord to help me encourage myself…it all goes together and flows together beautifully. I have learned the Word works and prayer works, praise works, giving works, serving works….and I have learned thanksgiving really works!!!
How do I encourage myself in the Lord?
1. I pray prayers of thanksgiving!
2. I pray for the needs of others.
3. I speak LIFE to those I walk past…sometimes speaking life looks like a smile 😀
4. I read the Word of God out loud and meditate on what I have read until the Lord speaks to me.
5. I try to memorize at least one verse that I read.
6. I pray the word given and the Word memorized
7. I pray for joy and contentment.
8. I think on whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, of virtue, and of praise!
9. I cast all of my care of Jesus because I KNOW He cares for me.
10. I remember there will always, until I get to heaven, be a day here and there when I need to do this all again and even more on some days….so I do as He leads but try to rest in Him and breathe ❤️
I pray you are encouraged today…in Jesus Name, Amen.